Ministry Chairman - Deacon James Moss
The Deacon Ministry is vital to the life of Macedonia Baptist Church. The primary responsibility of the Deacon Ministry is to function as servants to meet the spiritual needs of individuals in the church and the community as co-partners with the Pastor. Deacons are called to set an example and to lead the way in serving Jesus Christ. Under the leadership of our Pastor they address the needs of the church body and assist with ministerial care.
The primary goals of the Deacon Ministry is to serve the Lord by conducting the caring ministry of the Church in the following areas:
- To assist the Pastor in implementing his vision and his mission for the church.
- To organize and help carry out monthly Communion and assist with Baptisms.
- Make visitations to the sick and shut-in members, providing spiritual and physical support.
- Being alert to the spiritual needs of the congregation.
- Promote unity within the church and to resolve any conflict.
- To lead and conduct any worship service, prayer meeting and/ or church meeting.
- With the support of the Deaconess Ministry, seek to reach out to every member in the Family Ministry Plan.