The mission of the Deaconess Ministry is to assist the Pastor by working with the Deacons in ministering to the needs of the overall congregation - specifically to women, children, elderly, and those in distress with loving kindness and sympathy.
The Responsibilities of the Deaconess Ministry:
- Support the vision of the Pastor while edifying the Kingdom of God.
- Preparation of female candidates for baptism along with welcome.
- Preparation of the Communion Table.
- Keep inventory of supplies necessary for communion.
- Caring for baptismal attire, communion linens and sacrament vessels.
- Greet each new member with the love of Jesus Christ.
- Diligently study God's word and serve as a role model for other Christian women to follow.
- Provide spiritual, social and moral support to all members.
Family Ministry Plan
The Deaconess Ministry sponsors a Family Plan. The Deacons and Deaconess use the Deaconess Family Plan to develop relationships with the members of the congregation. Each individual member or family is assigned a Deacon and Deaconess who will be their contact person if the member has any questions or concerns. This also allows them to keep in touch with each member, celebrate milestones and provide moral support in dealing with any crisis.